Day 10 of my acrylic pouring color theory series is one of my favorite pieces of the series so far! It’s a very dramatic piece in a tetradic color scheme that, to me, is reminiscent of the sea meeting a lava flow. A pour like this, incorporating some concept from nature, can be very interesting and fun to have in the house. It can create a sense of unity if you already incorporate nature into your decor.
If you would like to follow along with my 30-day acrylic pouring color theory video series, grab your very own color wheel and color scheme guides printable down below and some paint!
Color of the Day:
- Tetradic – Orange, Blue, Red-orange, Blue-green
- Kiss pour
All of the colors I used were mixed from the paint colors below. (Red and yellow for orange, orange and white for light orange, orange and red for red-orange, blue and green for blue-green, blue and white for light blue)
- Artist’s Loft Brilliant Yellow
- Artist’s Loft Deep Red
- Artist’s Loft Brilliant Blue
- Liquitex Basics Titanium White
- Master’s Touch Permanent Black
- 8in x 10in canvas
- Rustoleum American Accents Gloss Clear (1 thin coat)