Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about texture and shape and form, and it made me really want to experiment with some 3D embellishments in my acrylic paint pouring endeavors. So as I thought about what I could start with, I realized that a dutch pour could easily be turned into an awesome leaf-like backdrop for some paper flowers.
I think that this combination of art forms, paper art and acrylic pouring, really plays to the thoughts I have about using acrylic pour painting strategically to show off its beauty.
Acrylic Paint Pouring + 3D Flower Combination
- Dutch Pour
- Bright green mixed from Artist’s Loft Brilliant Yellow and Apple Barrel Bright Blue
- Muddy green mixed from Artist’s Loft Brilliant Yellow and Master’s Touch Ultramarine
- Artist’s Loft Metallic Cobalt
- Artist’s Loft Silver
- Artist’s Loft Titanium White
- 8in x 10in canvas
- Maroon and Black paper flowers of various sizes made from Recollections Brights 65-lb card stock
- Rose (#MC8B7E1 in Cricut Design Space)
Go Forth and Experiment!
I am loving this combination of acrylic paint pouring and 3D paper embellishment, and you will surely see more of it from me! If you’ve been thinking about something and not sure if it’s going to work or that you’ll like it, give it a shot! As they say, “You’ll never know until you try!” And anyway, the process will probably be fun even if the outcome isn’t as you expect. So try something new, push yourself a little bit and see what happens!
As always, check out my updates on Facebook and Instagram and feel free to peruse Homebody Hall for more fluid art tips, tricks, and tutorials! Also head over to Youtube and subscribe to get my videos sent to you as soon as they come out!!