I don’t know about you, but I find that the lead-up to a vacation can be super stressful. Like, it’s a good thing I’m going on vacation because I’m going to need it after getting everything ready for this trip!
So one thing that I do to lessen the stress is make lists, lists for everything. So if you’re into lists too, or if you’re not but you want to be, this post is totally for you. I am going to share the summer vacation packing list I made for our recent trip to the beach.
For each person:
I like to pack enough clothes for each day plus an extra set, just in case…especially if you have children. Depending on the children, maybe even more extra sets. Also, if I’m actually making a list, I will write this out for each person, specifically what they need.
- Tooth brushes
- Tooth pastes (We have one for us and one for the kids.)
- Body sunblock
- Face sunblock (I HAVE TO have lighter sunblock for my face. I hate that greasy feeling.)
- Hair ties
- Feminine care products
Things for baby:
- Baby sunblock
- Bumbo chair
- Pacifiers (ALWAYS bring more than one! And put at least one on a paci keeper clip!!!)
- Baby food
- Burp rags
- Baby monitor
- Sippy cup
Seriously, once you have kids, you have so much more stuff. We were taking a weekend trip to the beach, and I thought, “Gee, if I was by myself, I could have gotten away with a backpack.” Two kids and the whole back of my truck is jam packed!
- Blankets and pillows
- Sand toys
- Beach ball
- Boogie board
- Tablet (We preloaded some shows for the car ride, life saver.)
- Phone chargers
- Air mattress (Our toddler slept on this because he will roll off a bed, and the beds where we were staying were high up off the ground.)
- First aid kit
- Medications (We bring prescription as well as over-the-counter things like ibuprofen, allergy meds, heartburn meds. I cover all the bases of what-if!)
- Diaper rash cream
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Bug spray
- PASSPORTS (If you are headed out of the country, double-, triple-, quadruple-check BEFORE leaving, and put them somewhere super safe that you will remember and that they cannot fall out of.)
Go Forth and Travel!
Obviously, everyone’s summer vacation packing list is going to look different based upon what your needs are, where you’re going, and the time of year you’re going. But, using this summer vacation packing list as a jumping off point, hopefully you won’t forget anything on your next trip.
No post found!